Saturday, July 25, 2009

Life is Full of Contradictions

Life is a puzzle to me. When a person does their very best at their profession, at their calling, at their schooling, and just trying to live the best kind of life for the families they love and the communities they live in and nothing seems to work. Sometimes I feel like I am on the "Andrea Gail", the fishing boat, in the movie the "Perfect Storm",. They battled, they fought with all their might, only to loose it all. We have all seen people fight these courageous battles, only to be defeated. Where are our communities? Are we all so numb, because of the overwhelming problems we hear about on a daily basis? I catch myself, saying, Oh isn't that too bad or so sad or bad as this sounds, I am thinking I am thankful it isn't my loved one and go on about my business as usual. But, I feel convicted, to do something, and then my mind says, well what can you do? If nothing else, I can pray, and open a door for The God Above to help in the situation. My Mother started me on this track, when the life line helicopters first started flying, they would go over our house, and she would begin to pray, for the patient and the crew. Feeling sorry, doesn't do anyone any good whatsoever, if you know of someone who is having a hard time, Do Something, try calling them just to check up on them, take them to lunch, or coffee, it doesn't have to be extravagant, we can make a difference in our world, if we just reach out. Even if the best efforts fail, it is better to fail than to never try.

Five things I am thankful for:
1 The grain bin being up!!!!!!!!!!
2. The guys, who said it wouldn't work, but did it anyway and LO and BEHOLD it did perfectly!
3.For water and electrical lines being dug, and covered nicely, just a few rocks to move
4. A daughter, Mother and Sister, who are awesome I cannot believe what all we have accomplished
5 Myself, this is a hard one for me, but I am learning, however hard, to reconcile myself to My Creator, that I must believe, that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment