Thursday, July 16, 2009

It has been a Day

What a day it has been. Being Thursday, it is always hectic, but today it just did not seem like I could move fast enough. It has been so humid out, but I am thankful for the rain, but it was hot this morning. Everything I did seemed to take longer than usual to get accomplished. Pouring milk, getting Momma ready for Springfield, which entails, her breakfast, her lunch, her lemon water and making sure she has her cell phone, milk book, purse and no telling what else she needs for the day. Sometimes after she is gone, I just sit and cry, not for very long mind you, because there is too much to do afterwards. Then it was on to cleaning the kitchen, which was a mess, that took awhile, girls were working on other parts of the house thank goodness. Then it was off to town for errands, came home and started to finish mowing the yard. A severe thunderstorm popped up, I mowed as long as I could, but I did not get finished. Came in and rested for a little while, till it was time for chores, and because it was wet, I trimmed with the weed whacker till it was dark. Didn't get finished with that either, but I am closer to being done than I was. Took Wallace out, he is a mostly a Jack Russell Terrier, I named him after the Braveheart character, William Wallace, it is sad, but he does not live up to his namesake. He is afraid of storms, loud noises, especially gun shots. When all the Mennonite men start practicing in November for deer season, it makes it a nerve racking time, for that little dog. Well tonight, he and our other dumped little Cairn Terrier Winnie, found a skunk. They barked and barked and Wallace dug and dug, and thoroughly ticked off a perfectly calm skunk. You All know the rest, the aroma was less than heaven scent, and two little dogs, had a bath and are resting comfortably in old blankets getting dry.
Now it is time for me to do the same, not antagonize the skunk any further, but take a shower, my jeans are almost covered in green grass. I hope I can finish up tomorrow, and the tractor will be fixed and I can work on getting the bush hogging finished. I think it was Oprah, who said, at the end of the day to say five things you are thankful for. Well here are mine, A Heavenly Father, who truly watches out for us and delivers us when we ask Him to do so. 2, for my family, they are the strongest and most gentle women I know, and I love all of them dearly. 3. For friends, I have the best of friends, and they are a comfort and a blessing. 4, For the Earth, as the storm clouds rolled in, dark and looming, and right across the road, blue sky, billowing clouds and sun shinning, I am just amazed with all around me. 5, the farm, with its creeks, rolling hills, little brown cows, feisty goats, pretty little chickens, barns to house and store our animals and feed. The many cats, and four dogs, who are more trouble than they are worth, but we love them anyway. It is a place I have walked over 32 years, watched a daughter grow, it doesn't look like I would like it too, but it is home and that is where my heart rests.

No comments:

Post a Comment